Thursday, December 8, 2011

LIVE FROM BEDFORD STUYVESANT E.H.M.P SIT’S WITH JAX 1

JAX 1

A.D. THE GENERAL: Break down your name Jax 1?

JAX1: I mean my name Jax1 basically came about from a graff legend named “Jimmy“. I was always fascinated with the colors and names on the walls in the hood as a kid. So I linked up with Jimmy and he’s like u need a name and we came up wit “Jax” the one separates me from everyone else. I’m the One!!

A.D. THE GENERAL: Congrats on your recent win and nomination for Top Ten Artists of the Year Awards 2011. How do you feel about your nomination?

JAX1: I mean I’m Blessed I always knew that if the right person was to hear me I’d b able to showcase my talent on a broader scale. I just want to shout A.D. The General out for having these type of outlets from unsigned artist. I appreciate the nomination and I’m just gonna continue to take advantage of my situation and make the best out of it.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Tell me what separate you from the average rapper?

JAX1: What separates me from other rappers is, “My Story“. My life is real and my songs are relatable. My concepts are different. My music is refreshing. It’s Hip Hop resurrected.

A.D. THE GENERAL: How do you feel about the current state of hip hop?

JAX1: I feel Hip Hop is definetly in it’s transition stage right now. In a way it’s a perfect time for the people to hear ya boy. Bring that “Goose Bump Muzik back“.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Who inspired you to start rapping?

JAX1: I mean definetly B.I.G.. When he said “Live from Bedford Stuyvesant the Livest One” and he was talking that talk that I could relate to, that I was going through. I felt that I had to tell my story. So yeh, B.I.G inspired me.

A.D. THE GENERAL: Where can our readers get a hold of you and listen or download your music?

JAX1: The people can def follow me on twitter @jaxishome man JaxOne on Facebook contact my son Latik Short on Facebook.. “Man we working“..

A.D. THE GENERAL: Any thank you and shouts outs?

JAX1: Shouts to everyone supporting the movement.


WRITTEN BY: A.D. THE GENERAL

COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment