Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A.D. THE GENERAL SIT'S DOWN WITH MIAMI'S OWN HEAVY TAKE MUSIC

E.H.M.P: When producing your beats is there a certain type of vibe or message that you want to give out to your fans? HEAVY TAKE MUSIC: My music is basically an extension of myself. A way of expressing how I'm feeling at the moment. When I produce a beat, I hope that the listeners understand the way I was feeling at the point in my life. XLV: We definitely want to provide a motivational vibe, nothing but positive energy to our fans. Agent L: To have a good time and live in the moment. Relate to it and enjoy. E.H.M.P: Have any of your beats been featured on any artist’s mixtapes/albums? HEAVY TAKE MUSIC: XLV: We have worked with several Miami artist such as Oscar Blanco, Willy Black, Gill Graff, Charles Sweeten, and Redd City Music Group Artist, Matt Fuze. Young up-and-coming rapper that's talented and versatile artist. E.H.M.P: Are there any producers that you would collaborate with that you’ve meet at the Elegant Hoodness Program? HEAVY TAKE MUSIC: Hertz: Yeah definitely. There's Skiptoweloose & Skoobinati. Met both at the EHP and we've been keeping in touch ever since. There's definitely a lot of talented producers we've met through the EHP. We've been looking forward to working with Skipweloose. He's got some dope work. E.H.M.P: When did you start producing? HEAVY TAKE MUSIC: XLV: I started producing at the age of 24. I got several years under my belt. Agent L: I started a year ago in the January 2014. Before that, I was a drummer for Historia and Have You Ever? Hertz: As a team, we started around 2007 where we took a few years studying HipHop/RNB music future and perfected our craft. E.H.M.P: How did you find about Elegant Hoodness Program? HEAVY TAKE MUSIC: Agent L: We met up with the EHP at The Stage venue where Cory Gunz performed and we won a beat battle at the show. E.H.M.P: Who has influenced you to produce your beats? HEAVY TAKE MUSIC: XLV: My cousin really influenced me to produce my beats, this is how I started. Hertz: Great producers like Jim Jonsin has always inspired me to work hard and make beats. Agent L: Producers like Pharrell, Rick Rubin, Dr. Dre, Uncle Al, Organized Noize, DJ Paul & Juicy J, Lex Luger E.H.M.P: If you was to inspire someone to keep going with their craft what would you say? HEAVY TAKE MUSIC: Hertz: It's a cliche, but I would say don't stop. They say practice makes perfect, and I cannot stress how much that's true. Agent L: Be consistent, have passion, think about what you need to sacrifice to succeed and have a game plan. XLV: I would tell them to stay motivated. I think that anyone who is chasing their dreams needs to know how to conquer the negativity that this world brings on a daily basis. Stay positive, stay motivated.

1 comment: