Friday, February 11, 2011



CAMAY

The list of female MC's is numerous and diversified. Hip hop has always looked at the female MC as a sideshow. Camay, along with a few others are leading the charge of the young, hungry, and intelligent female MC. She is ready to make her presence felt in the male dominated world of hip hop. Armed with a bulletproof flow, witty wordplay, and the desire to be great, Camay is out to prove that 2011 is going to be her year! After being awarded the #2 Artist of the Year at the 2010 Elegant Hoodness Musical Program Awards Show, Camay has two new projects ready for your musical consumption. Forever on her grind, Camay is ready to bring her tireless work ethic as well as her intelligent, witty, and bold voice to the forefront of the hip hop scene in 2011! Get to know her, you'll thank me.

E.H.M.P: Who is "Camay”?

CAMAY: Camay is a multi-faceted artist/songwriter/ grinder

E.H.M.P: As a self-professed "army brat", how has the constant moving shaped you and your sound?

CAMAY: It helped me to become more versatile and I definitely have world experience to talk about... But it also helped me to recognize real in any area code lol

E.H.M.P: What's your relationship with the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program? What do you think of the organization and their mission?

CAMAY: I was just an artist looking for an outlet honestly and they showed me mad love and I got a chance to listen to their movement... AD the General def offers an honest opportunity to put yourself out there... I'm real big on them and Team NAN/NAB

E.H.M.P: What's your relationship with Stevie J.?

CAMAY: Stevie was my first industry "nod" and he helped me in my early development stages and exposed me to a whole different side of the biz. He’s a good friend and one of the few entities I look to for musical guidance.

E.H.M.P: Can you tell us about your upcoming projects?

CAMAY: The Rogue Program is a mix tape with originals and beat jacks and freestyles. It’s my "I’m back" after a couple years and my introduction to new potential fans. It’s sprinkled with songs from the EP "Revolutionarie" which is executive Produced by QB and Nascent. Who both have a dope ear for music and are making waves on the production side of thing from everyone to 50 Cent to Scarface.

E.H.M.P: What do you feel is the current role of the female MC?

CAMAY: I feel like the Female MC is an endangered species but there’s always hope as long as we're willing to put music of substance out and really show we can get down with the boys. lol

E.H.M.P: Any advice for up and coming artists looking to get in the music business?

CAMAY: Don’t go running after one year of grinding with no instant success. The people you hear now have been paying dues to get to that point, nothing in life worth having will fall in your lap and if it does you need to look at the fine print. Be original! Your fans will thank you.

E.H.M.P: If you could collaborate with any artist in the industry, who would it be? why?

CAMAY: Right now I’m real big on Nipsey Hussle, Freddie Gibbs, LEP Bogus boys. It’s really too many to name... but I only want to work with people who have similar things to talk about and make a real impact on me personally as a fan.

E.H.M.P: Any last words? Shout outs? How do people contact you?

CAMAY: Check my twitter rants lol @CamayMusic Im on facebook search the Camay Music page or Facebook.com/therealcamay... Shouts to the Krazy 88's Burn it Down Music Group, Team NAN/NAB, ODD Squad And all those who support the movement. You know how we do it...

WRITEN BY ESQ_TV

COURTESY OF A.D. THE GENERAL & THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment