Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Murdakkh "Character is Everything"


Murdakkh

Murdakkh is by far one of New Jersey’s top artists. His clarity on the microphone has set him apart from his fellow artist. Murdakkh was raised in America but his roots go back to Belize Central America. He learned from young that lyrics alone were not the answer. He has set out to be the main producer on his up and coming album “The warm up”. With an appetite for music Murdakkh is preparing for his six course meal. Right now he is gearing up for his month tour in June of this summer in the state of California. The tour is called “Who’s next to blow”. With all the excitement buzzing around the artist of course the press would find his story intriguing. In the start of this year he has been the talk of not only his fans, fellow artist but also London own Niji Magazine. They will be covering Murdakkh’s daily movements while on tour to bring light to the actual life of an independent artist on tour. With his album “The warm up” coming in the later part of the summer, fans and Murdakkh him self is excited to see the end result.

Murdakkh for the last two years has been working with Aireal Apparel a Virginia based clothing line company. He met the owner J.R Bautista online via face book. Murdakkh was working on the visual part of his album and was excited about the products Aireal Apparel has put out. Aireal Apparel invited Murdakkh out in the summer of 2010 to the Asia American Basketball Association (AABL) to perform. Since the then Murdakkh and Aireal Apparel relationship has grown to where the clothing line company has offered to be the artist Sponsor for his tour. With that said Murdakkh’s decided to create his first single around the concept of one of Aireal Apparel biggest selling products, the fly or die T-shirt. The Fly or die single will have a 12 week national radio campaign thru PF and Associates. With the single receiving national airplay we know “The warm up” album will definitely have a successful 1st week sale.

E.H.M.P: It's my pleasure to interview artist Murdakkh. How you and what are do your represent as an artist/producer?

Murdakkh: I am doing pretty good thanks for asking. I am a hip hop artist
from Jersey.

E.H.M.P: Tell us more about the album "The Warm Up" and your strategy for the success of this project?

Murdakkh: The warm up is my first real big release on my new label Vicious
Production. When we went into recording the project the main focus
was getting some collaboration in with fellow artist in my area. The Warm up
has about 5 to 6 features with artist like Le Doubleny, Luey P, Newton, Bumpy 103rd, we just went in and recorded 20 songs and took the best 10. I just wanted to be as free as possible in the creation of this project. I think you guys might like some of the skits.

E.H.M.P: How did it come about your performing in the "Who's next to Blow Tour" going on in California? What are your expectations on how you will be received?

Murdakkh: Actually the tour was quite bit of a disappointment. Not only did we
not get out there but I had a big issue with the management of the tour. PF and associates I felt were not prepared for what they were asking from the artist. The company still owes me money for a plane ticket that was never resolved. So with that said Fuck PF and
associates.

E.H.M.P: How did you connect with London's own Niji Magazine? How has that connection impacted your movement thus far?

Murdakkh: It was the winter of 2010 when I had a awesome opportunity to meet
the editor Mr Michael Cox. He flew out from London to vacation in NY
and I had the pleasure to sit down with him for an interview. We have
kept in touch and have built our relation ship via twitter and face book. The connection has helped me so much. I will be flying out there to Camden; London for a show on May 19th 2012, hosted by NIJIMAGAZINE. I have been able to access more artists that are performing and touring because of my relationship with NIJI.

E.H.M.P: You have surely been blessed. Tell us what we can expect from your affiliation with Aireal Apparel Clothing Line, and the idea to incorporate "The Fly or Die" T Shirt with your single "The Fly or Die"?

Murdakkh: Well Aireal and I and have a lot of things working down the pipeline
that we want to put in place. Def, we are going to plan a fashion show for late 2012 to spring 2013. I also will be doing a “Aireal Mix tape” called Fly or Die over the course of this year, with artist that I know and few on the rise thru out the states. I was trying to
bridge the gap between designers and performing artist.

E.H.M.P: How did you become affiliated with A.D. The General and what are your views on the services the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program Provides for artist to date?

Murdakkh: I have known A.D. for about 3 to 4 years on and off. Thru my
underground connections with Remy aka Mr 13th and Titio Baez aka LOST,
I was able to meet up with her again and had the blessing to win one of her Monthly competition. I know E.H.M.P is a good program that I’ve seen with my own two eyes help new and returning artist find there place to shine and be successful. I would not be surprised if E.H.M.P is not responsible for putting on a good percentage of underground artist in 2012 and beyond..

E.H.M.P: What is something fans would not know about you and who do you think is your biggest fan/supporter? Who are some of your major influences?

Murdakkh: I don’t think fans know that I eat Oreo cookies 8 times a day, I’m sorry I’m really just a big kid at heart. My biggest fan beside my beautiful wife would be my good friend Joyce. She has always been to all the shows in the last 2 years and I respect that even on nights when she had school the next day. I’m thankful for that really I am. My major influences in music are Damien Jr Gong Marley, Nas, Pusha T, and Coldplay the greatest band on the planet.

E.H.M.P: It was a pleasure. Where can supporters get connected with your music? Who would you like to shout out? And last but not least, what is a quote that motivates you to keep pushing?

Murdakkh: You can check me out on twitter @Murdakkh,
www.facebook.com/murdakkhmusic and www.reverbnation.com/murdakkh for
shows and new songs. I would love to give a shout out to Belize my
country, my label Vicious Productions and my squad BBMKINGS (Building
Better Music). A quote that has always led me down the right road was "Character is Everything"

Written By: Gsteam843

Courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012







No comments:

Post a Comment