Tuesday, March 27, 2012

E.H.M.P. CATCHES UP WITH MIZZY


The young entrepreneur Frank Mizzy, is an all around artist who diversifies himself through all aspects of music. Winning the Underground Music Award and Indie Elite Music Award, the entrepreneur defines the word success. An idol to many, Frank continues to exemplify his craft by accomplishing many goals. Today, Elegant Hoodness digs deep to know him a little better.


E.H.M.P: When did you start doing music?

FRANK MIZZY: I started seriously making music back in the early 2000's. This is when I formed the group Diverse Elegance with 3 of my close friends. Even before we took real steps to make our music, I rapped and wrote music. It goes all the way back to my pre teen years. I remember free styling and then writing one of my first songs with my older brother when I couldn't have been any older than 10 or 11.

E.H.M.P: What steps are you doing to make yourself known to the world?

FRANK MIZZY: I do it all. With the help of my business partner DJ In.Tel, I formed my own company, Capital Grind Entertainment. With our business in place, we began to release mix tapes and build a fan base. Since then I have tried my best to make sure that I have covered all the bases. I have taken the time to make sure I have a real and growing online presence with my music. I have been performing for years and have been lucky enough to open up for major acts and host my own events, rocking out in front of hundreds of people. I take the time to connect with my fans and build an extremely helpful street team. Having the support of so many people that believe in my music allows me to make big things happen. I also try to remain a student of the game. I go to music conferences and do my best to network with industry professionals. Those around me know that I take my craft extremely seriously. I never slack when it comes to the music making process but I also have my finger on the pulse when it comes to the business aspects of my career. I've been working hard to put together all the pieces necessary to bring my dream to life. Dream made...yeah, that's the saying.

E.H.M.P: What music do you do? Does your music present a message? If so, what is it?

FRANK MIZZY: I am a Hip Hop artist and all around songwriter. I think my music does present a message. I'm recognized for my ability to deliver a wide array of sounds. I use my range to try to touch on real life issues. Sometimes these messages may be light and fun, while others may be deep and powerful. At the end of the day I try to give the listeners a positive message; one that promotes perseverance. I feel that putting substance into your lyrics is important and my approach to music allows me to do this in an artistic and entertaining way.

E.H.M.P: Who or what inspired you to do music?

FRANK MIZZY: Put simply, life inspires me to do music. I feel as though it is one of the realest ways to express emotion. I was introduced to the world of Hip Hop at a young age by my older brother who is the biggest music fan. I find inspiration in everything around me. Sometimes I may talk about how I feel or something I have experienced. Other times I'm inspired by people around me and conversations I have.

E.H.M.P: What has been your biggest accomplishment/accomplishments thus far as an artist?

FRANK MIZZY: The single biggest event type of accomplishment of my career so far would have to be when my group, Diverse Elegance, was nominated for Best Rap Group in the Underground Music Awards. We were one of the lucky groups selected for this honor out of hundreds of acts from across the country. On a more personal note, I feel that my biggest accomplishment is the fact that I'm still here, going hard. I've been putting work in for years and have come a long way, without being recognized. I have never let this extinguish my fire or knock me off track. I know I have something to offer this game and am committed to work hard everyday to make an impact.

E.H.M.P: What is the name of your company? What do you want to gain from it?

FRANK MIZZY: My Company is Capital Grind Entertainment. My partner and I plan to create our own brand in the music world. We have done everything from release mix tapes to throwing live shows. We want to continue to help other artist gain exposure while educating them on the music business. We continue to learn more and more everyday and are extremely excited about what the future holds for our enterprise.

E.H.M.P: How does your brand "Dream Made" represent you?

FRANK MIZZY: "Dream Made" describes my entire outlook on a goal. We all have goals and different things we want to accomplish in life. Mine happens to be that I want to be an artist and a music business professional. This has been my dream since a little kid. Since I've started chasing this dream nothing has been easy. There have been plenty of reasons to give up and try something else. But my dream has never died and will not allow me to just walk away. My dream makes me want to work harder and learn more. Whether your dream is to make music or to be a cheif, there are two characteristics that are necessary for you to be successful. You have to be passionate about what you do and you must gain the know how. That is what being "Dream Made" is all about.

E.H.M.P: If you could work with any artist, who would it be? Why?

FRANK MIZZY: There is a long list of artists that I would love to work with. Just to name one, I would really like to work with Joe Budden. I have always respected his lyrical skills. His presence on tracks is very unique. If we laid something down, it would be crazy. Just to throw one more name out there, I would really want to work with Lupe Fiasco.

E.H.M.P: With your music, who would you say your target audience would be?

FRANK MIZZY: My target audience is everyone and anyone that loves music. First and foremost, Would have to say that real Hip Hop heads that respect lyrics would be my biggest fans. But as my name grows and my music touched more people I'm learning that my music appeals to the younger crowd as well. Although I do try to make music with substance, I still create fun music that you can party to. To pinpoint my audience, I would have to say its music lovers from 16 through 30. I hope to be an artist that can touch a large number of people with my music.

E.H.M.P: Is there anything in your life people can relate to? If so, what is it? How does that reflect towards your music?

FRANK MIZZY: There are plenty of things in my life that people can relate to. I was raised in a single parent household. Plenty of people have had it worse but I have had to watch my mother work extra hard to just get by. I looked up to an older brother that made some wrong decisions in his life and is now serving some time. My friendships meant a lot to me and my life was steered largely by those I chose to be around. I'm just a regular dude that has been through some real life experiences. As a result, I touch on topics in my music that many people can relate to.

E.H.M.P: Is there anyway your fans and first time listeners can hear your work? (Youtube,Worldstarhiphop, etc)

FRANK MIZZY: Most definitely! The best place to go is www.FrankMizzy.com. You can hear all my music there and find links to all my other sites like YouTube, Reverbnation, etc...

E.H.M.P: How can anyone reach you? (Facebook etc) You can go to the BOSS Entertainment website where I have a bio and links to all my other sites. Or you can find my Facebook page under FrankMizzy. I'm also on twitter @Frank_Mizzy , When in doubt, just Google me.

WRITTEN BY: Rachel Germain

Courtesy of Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment