Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Who is Bigg Base? Find out with E.H.M.P.

 BIGG BASE

E.H.M.P.: First and for most congrats on your recent win at the Elegant Hoodness, NYC edition. How was it opening for Lore'l from Love and Hip Hop?

BIGG BASE: Thank you and it was mad fun. Especially because that was actually my first time performing. I was one of the winners, so it's definitely something to remember.

E.H.M.P.: Where does your name Bigg Bass mean?

BIGG BASE: (Bigg Base) My dad actually got the name Base from his friends growing up. I'm not 100% sure why, but I'm almost sure it had to do with his low pitched voice. With that being said, as I grew up the name just stuck with me. Especially once my voice started to change. I remember my parent's always preaching to me "Don't be like us, be bigger and better." Once I really began to understand what they meant, I refused to be called Lil Base or Base Jr; but rather Bigg Base.

E.H.M.P.: Are you and MC or Rapper and why?

BIGG BASE: Lol, good question. I consider myself a MC before a rapper because a MC is an artist that paints pictures of the world as they see it and make music because of their passion for hip hop. As where to me a rapper is someone that rhymes just to live the celebrity life. Although nothing's wrong with wanting to live the life. I feel overall what makes me an MC is my passion for hip hop and the way it can make people relate to situations in life.

E.H.M.P.: Do you feel like Hip Hop is dead and why?

BIGG BASE: I don't think Hip Hop can never b dead. Like everything in life , it has stages or moments when things change. I say Hip Hop has evolved and nothing's wrong with that because it opens doors for a bunch of different artists. Artist with different sounds and different stories. Think about it, if hip hop stayed the same as the 90's, we would probably have ten to fifteen new genres of music by now. Not saying that every new sound was my personal favorite but they happen so people just got to understand. Things always going to change you just got to know how to adapt. Try to change it, or just sit around and complain but Hip Hop is, Definitely NOT Dead.

E.H.M.P.: You have great energy on stage. How important is it to give it your all on stage?

BIGG BASE: Thank you and real talk that was my first time ever performing anywhere so in my mind I had it set up like I can't make the crowd know that so I'm going to just give it my all and that's exactly what I did. When I seen they was rocking with me it felt great and I just continued doing my thing. I think giving it your all and being confident are the most important things when you're on the stage performing.

E.H.M.P.: Any last words?

BIGG BASE: Just want to thank God, my family, true friends and supporters. They are my motivation. They keep me focused. Rip my Bestfriend/Bro Brandon "Buggz" Carty!  Check out my website www.BiggBaseHD.com hmu! I'm working!! 


INTERVIEWED BY: A.D. THE GENERAL

COURTESY OF  ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2013'

No comments:

Post a Comment