Saturday, March 2, 2013

RON TERI Talks Queens, RunDmc n more








RON TERI (KILL ZONE ENT)


E.H.M.P.: Why Kil Zone ent? What does it mean?
                 
RON TERI: Kilzone Ent was chosen as a name by my manager Jamie Kilkenny when we started working as an entertainment group together.  Most people want to relate it to violence of some sort, though it’s really just a representation of his last name.

E.H.M.P.: How was your experience at Elegant Hoodness Musical Program?

RON TERI: It was a great experience and very memorable. Being able to perform on the same stage on Run DMC and Mr. Cheeks of Lost Boyz is something that not many people can add to their list of accomplishments.  Of course they are icons to many people, myself included, trying to make it in this business.  Exposure to a new audience is always something we strive for in any show, therefore the opportunity to do so at this event was great.


E.H.M.P.: You are a musician. How did you get into playing the drums? And do you play any other instruments?

RON TERI: Growing up I was exposed to all different genres of music the biggest two being rock and hip-hop. My mother and father both loved classic rock so I was listening to bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, etc.  As I grew older I started listening to more rock. The first band I got really attached to was System of a Down.  Thanks to my sister and my brother in law/manager I was able to go to many concerts at a young age, SOAD being one. Soon enough my dad took me out and bought me a full drum kit, guitar, bass, keyboard, and microphones. We set it all up in my basement and he told me to learn them all. I would sit in the basement for most of my day and teach myself every instrument. I started getting more involved with playing and formed a couple of bands. For about 5 years I was in 3 different hardcore bands. I quit my last band and just became a fan of the music for a while..


E.H.M.P.: Who are some of your inspirations?

RON TERI: My cousins, my sisters and their friends listened to hip-hop such as DMX, Wu-Tang, Biggie, Onyx, Lost Boyz, etc. Both rock and hip hop caught my interest but my favorite artists growing up were DMX and Eminem.




E.H.M.P.: Where can we listen to your music?

RON TERI:  Soundcloud :  https://soundcloud.com/#ron-teri-music
                    Hot New Hip Hop : http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/search/artists/ron+teri/
                    Reverb Nation : http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ronteri
                    You Tube:  Search Ron Teri
                    Twitter : @Ron_Teri_Music
                    Facebook : Ron Teri
                    

E.H.M.P.: Thank you and or shout outs?

RON TERI:  I want to thank all of my friends, family and fans who continue to support me through my journey.  My manager for believing in me and helping me climb to success.  DJ Sincere and the DRTYBSMT team for the constant support, exposure and opportunities.  And Elegant Hoodness for this great opportunity, who I am looking forward to working with in future shows.

Written by A.D. The General

Courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment