Friday, January 25, 2013

GET ACQUAINTED WITH TYLER A.




N.A.B.: Start off by telling us a little about yourself. Where you are from, etc..?

TYLER A: Well, my actual name is Aaron Erdman. I grew up in a small suburb town called, Holbrook on Long Island. I live with my mother and my brother. My father died when I was 14 years old. I am currently attending college at State University of New York, located in Oswego. As a kid, which I still am because I am only 18, but as a kid baseball was my passion. It switched over to rapping January of last year. But, I am only 18 years old and I have a long road ahead in music and life in general.

N.A.B.: I noticed you just started rapping this year. What brought this about and elaborate on your influences.

TYLER A.: I fell into deep depression because I missed my father very much. I had severe anxiety, and I lost my baseball opportunities because of my elbow. A guy by the name of John Petroski otherwise known as John Jay, in my rap group “The Dream Team”, was rapping for 2 years. I used to write poetry as a kid, I decided to give it a try and it was fun. Four months I was doing this for fun than my mom’s friend Fran whose daughter I dated for like five years on and off told me about her friend, G Strong. So being the go-getter type of kid, I am, I decided to hit him up on Facebook. It is all about social networking these days. We spoke and he said when your mix tape comes out I want to hear it. I said fine. I sent him it. After that I kept writing my freestyles while he gave me pointers. He finally gave me a talk and said I think you need that big record. So he suggested I write a song about when my father passed away. That was in October. It was called One Last Time and it came out wonderful. For the last two months, I've been grinding and just doing all I could to get out there.

N.A.B.: Tell us about that moment you experienced writing and recording your first track.

TYLER A.: My first track I wrote and recorded was called "Please Say A Command." It was my first rhyme ever and it came out in January of last year. It felt good but it did not get a good reception. But I don’t even count that because that was back when I didn't know what I was doing. I was just fooling around. My first real record I consider to be “One Last Time,” the song about my dad passing away. It was magical to record. The guy at the studio made references comparing me to Eminem which was a real honor. I enjoyed writing it because everything just flowed so well. I never got stuck because I knew exactly what I wanted to say. The video for this song is coming out on Father’s day, of this year.

N.A.B.: Where are you now in career in comparison to early on last year?

TYLER A.: Well the beginning of my career was just writing and never recording. Then I made the mix tape “Chasing Fame” which I will get into later but it was all remixes basically. Now I’m making big records working with big people and performing at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program showcases, opening for Maino and DMC. And seeing DMC, Mr.Cheeks, and Fred The Godson get awards. It is a real blessing to see how far I've gotten, when I wrote my first rhyme a little over a year ago today.

N.A.B.: You have performed at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program. Tell us about that experience. How did you become familiar and what can you gain with them? 

TYLER A.: Well I learned about the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program through G Strong. He said there is no better showcases and even though I performed my only two shows with Elegant Hoodness, I can honestly say that is true. Stars are in the building. I get so much exposure. It is a real hip hop atmosphere and there is nothing more I can ask for. A.D. The General just runs the showcase beautifully and the people by her side are awesome also.

N.A.B.: Elaborate on your mix tape "Chasing Fame." The making and the turnout, how was it?

TYLER A.: Well, Chasing Fame was back when I was only rhyming a few short months. It was all remixes basically and looking back at it, the mix tape sucked. I got a lot of hate for it. People told me it sucked, but I didn't give up. I never gave up in my life. Even with baseball when I first sucked, I kept going and was college recruited. That mix tape just gave me something to show people and without it, I wouldn't be here because the mistakes I made on that mix tape only made me better. The E.P “The White Walls” I did with my boy John Jay came out awesome, so much better. So, I’m still early in my music career, I got so many more years to grind and so much more to learn. But overall "Chasin Fame" was not the best, but it got it’s views and people learned what I did. I’ve improved and people message me on FaceBook apologizing saying I should have never said you couldn't do it. You are an awesome rapper now and my favorite because I've seen you develop. It was an experience that made my career stronger.

N.A.B.: What's next for you?

TYLER A.: Well I have two singles "One Last Time" and "It’s My Turn." And I performed my first two shows at the E.H.M.P. I’m going back to school on the 27th. I am definitely going to keep recording tracks and making new songs. I got plenty of songs coming out. I got the It’s My Turn music video coming out soon ft. G Strong. One Last Time video is coming out on father’s day this year. I want to make sure all 8,000 kids at my school know who I am and what I do. I’m going to start promoting like no other. I will be doing shows when I come home hopefully with the E.H.M.P. I’m just going to keep grinding and doing my thing and hopefully someone sees and I get to live out my dream.

N.A.B.: Anything you would like to express at this time, that we haven't? Close out with shout outs and where we can stay acquainted with you.

TYLER A.: I would like to take this time to thank all my supporters and my haters for making me a better person and rapper. I’d like to thank my mother and my brother for always supporting me. Shout out to my boys John Jay and D Young. We the Dream Team look out for us. And a special thank you to G Strong cause without him I wouldn't be in the situation I am in doing the things I am doing with music. M.E.E.N. Entertainment is about to change the game. Hulksmash! Look out for me in the near future I’m going to be making moves. My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/aaron.erdman.9 and my twitter is @tylerayvrum. My email is aerdman@oswego.edu. And you can reach me on my cell at 631-942-8258 for anything. I’m always available. God bless you all and thanks for the support!

INTERVIEWED BY: SPECIALGIFT N.A.B.

COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM

1 comment:

  1. I am new to blogging, and I enjoyed reading your blog so much! It helped me get inspired to be consistent with it and you mentioned quite a few GREAT tips that I am going to apply in my future blogs. I really appreciate this information!
    get more soundcloud plays

    ReplyDelete