Tuesday, July 9, 2013

GET TO KNOW TROUBLED E/EVAN SAVANT


 EVAN TROUBLED E/EVAN SAVANT

N.A.B.: Open up this interview by telling us who Evan Troubled E/Evan Savant is. What do you contribute to the world?

E SAVANT:  At this very moment in my life, I am trying to be a positive source for society. Being 27 years old, I have learned a great deal from the mistakes I have made throughout my life. If there is a way I can inspire, motivate, or uplift the youth, I try my best to do it. As you see, I still keep the Troubled E in my name even though I don’t see myself as the confused young man I used to be. With seeing myself as a strong influence on children, I need to let them know that I went through battles and struggles to become an uplifted and productive individual. I firmly believe that this will keep them motivated when everything is not going their way. So I am taking the word troubled, which normally has a negative connotation and transforming it into hope for the children. Having just finished my master’s degree in special education, I have a unique background of schooling. As of now, I work with learning disabled children as well as ones who just need that extra push to succeed. About 3 years ago, I told someone how many different subjects I tutored and their mother said, “He must be a savant or something.” From that day on forward, I decided to call myself E the Savant as well. At that time in my life, I was discouraged and fed up with the route that hip hop was taking, but I still loved making music. It felt as if, I needed to grab new inspiration from somewhere else. I had just stopped working with an independent record label and I was performing at shows where the venues headed the same exact gimmicks every time. Instead of being negative, I chose to take a completely different route. I feel god put me in the presence of children, so I could find some new inspiration and be useful again.

N.A.B.: When did you start writing children songs? Elaborate some on your latest work.

E SAVANT: About 2 years ago, one of my sister’s friends told me that she was organizing an event for children. I told her that I would write a song that was dedicated to the event. This was the 1st song I wrote that mainly targeted children. As I did my performance for the children, I had never seen such an amazing reaction from any crowd I had performed in front of. They were so grateful and they seemed so focused on my every move. When I decided to freestyle over “Black and Yellow”, they went insane. They made me freestyle over Wiz Khalifa’s smash hit, about 5 times. On top of the amazing feeling they gave me, it felt really great to know that I was providing them with a positive and realistic message that they could benefit from throughout their lives. After this experience, I was psyched about writing motivational and educational music for children. I decided to write 6 songs and put together some awesome music for kids. The next song I wrote was about reading and I felt that the record would have a significant effect on the children, if I put my lyrics in a story format. I titled this song “Pick up a Book”, and it was followed by 4 more huge songs, which make up my album “Read, Write, and Solve!’ This is my latest work as of now, but I have written several other songs that I will release shortly down the road.

N.A.B.: What are you presently working on?

E SAVANT: You probably think that I am no longer making music for other age groups, but surprisingly I am in the process of making a mix tape with an R&B artist named, E Ceasar. It will be an 8 track disc entitled “All Grown Up”. We are planning to form a dynamic duo and make some everlasting music. I am also about to release a new single I wrote called “Let Love Guide the Way.” In addition to this, I have been performing at children’s parties, camps, and schools. I just recently performed at a pre-school, which was very interesting because it was the youngest audience I had ever displayed my skills in front of.  Besides all of these endeavors, I am writing songs behind the scenes for a couple of artists.

N.A.B.: What is your overall focus within your career?

E SAVANT: My overall focus is definitely writing because I really enjoy putting songs together and taking words and putting them into a real life story.  When it comes to writing, I love when an artist comes to me and tells me the idea they have or an experience they want to speak about, and they want me to write the lyrics to capture the story. It gives me great joy when I see someone performing the lyrics I have written and delivering them perfectly. I am also extremely focused on the educational and motivational music I make for children. I feel that there are many avenues that are untouched when it comes to this market. I would also like to start getting involved in writing jingles for advertising agencies. I have already written several jingles, but I need to find out more about how it works.


N.A.B.: Tell us what do you have planned to accomplish by the end of this year?

E SAVANT: By the end of the year, I want E the Savant to have a stronger presence and be a more established brand. I plan to link up with E Ceasar and make some great music. I feel we can be a one of a kind duo and we have put together a 3 year plan for our goals. At the end of this year, we should be generating monthly income from our music and we will definitely be performing at many venues. I will be doing many more parties, school functions, and events in my area as well.

N.A.B.: What do you know about the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program via A.D. the General and your affiliation?

E SAVANT: I know that the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program is a great way to learn about the music industry and become a much better artist at the same time. I have had the pleasure of speaking to A.D. The General and she’s an incredible person. I can tell that her heart is in the right place and she really wants to help upcoming artists accomplish their goals and be successful in the music industry. I completely see eye to eye with her how hip hop is transforming. I have also spoken to Special Gift and she is right there with A.D. The General with making it happen for artists who are not receiving the recognition that they deserve for their timeless art. I totally respect their movement and I plan to continue working with the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program in the future.

N.A.B.: Is there anything we haven’t covered that you would like to do so now?

E SAVANT: No, I think I have said more than enough, (laughs).

N.A.B.: How can we stay updated in all that you do? Any social networks, website(s), etc.?

E SAVANT: You can email me at troublede@gmail.com or mr.evante@gmail.com. You can search for me on YouTube by typing in Troubled E or E The Savant. You can send me a message on Facebook, my link is www.facebook.com/evan.troublede or just give me a call at (561) 706- 3783. Thank you again for your support and valued time, Elegant Hoodness


INTERVIEWED BY: SPECIALGIFT N.A.B.

COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2013'

No comments:

Post a Comment