Saturday, March 26, 2011

E.H.M.P. TALKS WITH YOUNG MONEY DRE

“GHOST IN THE MACHINE”


James Brown was once called, “The hardest working man in show business.” After meeting with and seeing Young Money Dre in action, I think I may have just met James Brown re-incarnated. While Young Money Dre doesn’t walk around in crush blue velvet suits, he definitely knows how to move a crowd and always give his fans and supporters everything that they paid to see! After moving to Harlem from Raleigh, North Carolina, Young Money Dre found hip hop. It was at the age of twelve that he would decide to start taking the music business seriously and began performing and recording more frequently. No artist is without struggle. Young Money Dre is not any different. After a brief incarceration, Young Money Dre vowed to his parents and to himself that he would finish school and “make history in the hip hop industry”. Young Money Dre stands “center stage”, ready to bring to you everything the industry has been missing! By utilizing his abilities to produce, write, and the way he mixes the “Harlem Swag” with “Dirty South hustle”! Young Money Dre is certainly on his way to becoming a entertainment legend. “The Hardest Working Man in Show Business” has been resurrected! Prepare yourself.


E.H.M.P. : Who is Young Money Dre? What defines you and your music?


YMD: Young Money Dre is a cool, calm, and collected guy; who is also a ladies man & makes outstanding music. My music comes from my heart & soul, not just waking up saying,” I'm going to write this song today. (laughs) Music has to have a feeling.


E.H.M.P : What made you want to do hip hop?


YMD: growing up listening to my cousin, Whodini, Big L and LL Cool J made me want to do hip hop because they all had their own style of music and were all great at what they did. I feel they paved the way for us today.


E.H.M.P.: You said that you were incarcerated at an early age, what did this experience do to you? How did it help you?


YMD: Being incarcerated changed me a lot. It made me look at life
differently. This experience was enough for the rest of my life! It makes me think before I do something crazy! It also taught me that everyone is not your friend! It also taught me a lot Of self discipline and made me more humble & made me realize that there is more to life than just being tough and also taught me to be myself.


E.H.M.P.: How would you define your sound? Who or what are some of your influences?


YMD: My Sound Is Harlem & South Pop & Soul Music Mixed Into 1!


E.H.M.P.: What is your relationship like with the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program?


YMD: I feel I have a great relationship with them, from “Day One” they took me

in like I was one of their own and I truly appreciated that.


E.H.M.P: You write all your own lyrics and produce your own beats, how does this help you when you are creating your music or trying to perfect your sound?


YMD: When I write music, it comes from my everyday life and how I want to live life. When I produce it helps me, because I already have a beat in my head that goes perfect with what I'm Writing. The other reason is not every producer I met I feel understood when I tell them I'm trying to be a legend.


E.H.M.P.: Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years?


YMD: In the next 2 years, I see myself being a legend, CEO, as well as owning a lot of property, store, houses etc....


E.H.M.P. : How do your fans and/or supporters contact you? Any shoutouts?

YMD: Twitter @YoungMoneyDre1

I wanna send a Big S/o To Qwik Money ,AD,FastLyfe ,Different

Dreamers,TopDolla,ICM, Marv Dash,Amin, and New Shoes

written by ESQ_TV, courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program

No comments:

Post a Comment