Thursday, December 8, 2011

N.A.B. CATCHES UP WITH NYC’S OWN DJ RUSS

DJ RUSS

N.A.B.: Where are you originally from? Also where were you when you first fell in love with hip hop?

DJ RUSS: I was born in Spanish Town Jamaica W.I. I came to the USA at the age of five. I fell in love with hip hop when I heardRunDMC, Peter Piper, it hit me so hard thats when I bought to turntables. That was twenty six years ago.

N.A.B.: Do u know the difference between “RAP” and “Hip Hop”?

DJ RUSS: Well any body can Rap about anything but hiphop is a movement.

N.A.B.: How long have you been a DJ? Also, what inspired you to become a DJ?

DJ RUSS: Twenty five years. The way that a dj can control a crowd its like begin a magican.

N.A.B.: Where can we hear you spin?

DJ RUSS: Every Tuesday at Club Pyraimd under Mental Supereme showcase and on Melodreamentertainment.com at 4pm every Sat. Starting in Nov my own show every Thurs starting Thanksgiving Thursday called MegaMix Thursdays

N.A.B.: Where do u stand when it comes to the digital world of DJING?

DJ RUSS: Well it’s much easer now than it was about ten to fifteen years ago. With all the records we use to carry to the clubs. Now its just a small box and your laptop.

N.A.B.: Any last word to our readers?

DJ RUSS: Just striving to be the best dj! Can be and with God’s grace I plan on it. THANK YOU

WRITTEN BY: AD THE GENERAL

COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSIAL PROGRAM 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment