Saturday, January 12, 2013

ELEGANT HOODNESS CATCHES UP WITH CAMBODIAN MITCH

CAMBODIAN MITCH 


 E.H.M.P: When and how did you become familiar with Elegant Hoodness?

 MITCH: My cousin recommended it to me so I took the opportunity; this was actually on the same day the event took place. He also told me that it was a competition to win money for exposure so it definitely was a good look.

E.H.M.P: What’s your intake on being an independent artist? How do you view the indie scene today?

MITCH: I have to be consistent with everything I do, Sometimes it can be difficult because everything is moving so fast, I'm starting to learn the game as the days go by. One thing I can say, being an independent artist you're going to have ups and downs. Not everything is going to go your way but you must remain humble and strive for what you want to achieve. I learned not to ever give up. Now a days it’s hard to get recognition because it feels like the rap game is a big competition. It’s like one big race. I feel like I have the upper hand because people don't really expect an Asian rapper with talent to just pop out.

E.H.M.P: You had your mix tape release party down at Encore. Elaborate on that.

MITCH: It wasn't bad, being though it was my first party I didn't expect a lot of people to be there. It was a lot of love and maybe if I throw another party hopefully the second one can be two times better. I feel like the second one will be a lot better because it’s going to be more promotion, plus people are starting to like my music.

E.H.M.P: “The Killing Fields” hosted by Ruggy Batcave Studios. When was the release? Elaborate on the upbringing of the mix tape. Do you have other artist featuring?

MITCH: I released "The Killing Fields" on the 24th of Aug. I got Ruggy from Batcave Studios to host my mix tape. I felt as though Ruggy was going to be a good look for me. He is well known in the city and has worked with big artists. Ruggy knew the type of sound I needed. I did a party track with Gillie Da Kid, the record is called ''Twerk" I feel like the song has potential to be something big. I also did a track with K.dot the Showstoppa, It was a remix to the "Realest Shit You Ever Seen". We shot a video for it a couple months back.

E.H.M.P: Heavy on the collaborations I see. Is there anyone your geared to collaborate with in the near future, that you haven’t yet?

MITCH: Yeah, I plan to work with a lot of artists in my city. I want to work with somebody that’s going to benefit me in the long run. I plan on working with people like Quilly Millz, Joey Jihad, Ar-Ab, and the list still goes on.  

E.H.M.P: Take this time to elaborate on something that we haven’t touch basis on.  

MITCH: I am a Cambodian Rapper from Philadelphia with big goals. I started rapping while I was incarcerated. I was locked up last year and I came home in January 2012. Three days after I was released my cousin put me in the studio. That's when I came out with the song ''Dolla and a Dream''. That was my first song I ever recorded. I surprised myself because I didn't know I had it in me, and from there on out I knew I was going to be a great artist.  

E.H.M.P: Shout out’s and your present social networks your using.  

MITCH: S/O to my CB Boys, Family First, and my family. You can reach me on twitter: @CB_Mitch Instagram: @CB_Mitch Facebook: Cambodian Mitch 

WRITTEN BY - SPECIALGIFT (N.A.B.) 

COURTESY OF THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment