Tuesday, January 22, 2013

KING SAGE SITS DOWN WITH E.H.M.P.





KING SAGE

E.H.M.P.: In your bio it says you’re from Queens arguably the birth place of hip hop. Elaborate some on the subject.

KING SAGE: It's where kings were born ;) I mean you got LL, RUN DMC, NAS, 50, the list goes on.. There’s something about the energy and vibe of Queens that lets a special type of creative energy develop. I was born and raised in it. My ethnic background being Pakistani made me feel out of place but I loved rap.. And all my friends were from the hood so I picked up on there energy too.. And that’s why I bring that authentic NY sound today.

E.H.M.P.: How was your 1st experience at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program and how do you think it benefits artists and well you return and or recommend the movement to other artist?

KING SAGE: I had a great time... A.D The General kept it real and fun, its great for artists on the come up to show their skill. They also have an opportunity to network with other artists and promoters/record execs. I’ll be back for a few more rounds for sure..

E.H.M.P.: Who are some of your inspirations?

KING SAGE: Pac, Phill Collins, Sade, Bill Whithers... yeah I’m diverse... I look for passion in music.. That’s real to me; everything else is bells and whistles.

E.H.M.P.: Do you believe Hip Hop has lost its way and why?

KING SAGE: Hip-Hop as a culture hasn't lost anything since its basically youth/urban/street culture. But Hip-hop as an art form got dumbed down horribly. And it's the record exec's that did it. They want dumber artists to be on top so that if anything happens to them they can get easily replaced.. It’s all about money to them...so the music suffers.

E.H.M.P.: Where can we listen and or download your music?

KING SAGE: check www.kingsagemusic.com and my videos at youtube.com/kingsagemusic

E.H.M.P.: Any thank you and or shout outs?

KING SAGE: Thanks To the Most High, to Jane My Manager, to A.D The General, to everyone who keeps supporting me and all my fans... this is just the beginning...


Written by – A.D. The General
Courtesy of The Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment