Friday, July 1, 2011

N.A.B. SIT'S WITH SAVANNA'S OWN J-MID


JAMES MIDDLETON

The early stage of the hip-hop movement was all James Middleton needed to become consumed by music. With the guidance of his brother, he was destined to turn him on to the rap phenomena that he’s now apart of. James brother made sure he listened to the greatest hip hop acts ever such as 2pac, Biggie, Snoop, No limit, Jay-Z, N.W.A, Geto Boys, UGK, 8ball & MJG to name a few, which influences his music to this day. James used to sit in his room and freestyle to every song he heard. By age of 12 he was writing his own lyrics and arranging his own tracks. As his craft progressed he started to build his buzz. James and friends began to pass out his mix tapes around school making a name for himself in his city. After releasing a few more street mix tapes his name really started taking off, becoming a rep for his city. This buzz opened up numerous opportunities such as opening up for artist such as Lil Boosie, BG, Yung La, and Lil Jon. James has been performing at various venues throughout Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas. Look out for his recently released single "Baby Come On", the single that created waves through the streets and the college crowd.

N.A.B: Besides your brother and those you mentioned, what else influenced you to take a crack at the music game?

James: I always had a passion for music. Music is a way for me to express what I been through and all of what I seen. Music really helps me cope with life. When I realized that, I knew this was something I can do for a career.

N.A.B: Tell those who may not know where you are from?

James: Savannah GA. (C-Port)

N.A.B: How did you become affiliated with the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program?

James: My homie Kool Da Kid connected me with A.D. the General. I performed at a showcase she threw in Atl and the rest should be understood ya know.

N.A.B: What do you think about the independent industry and would you prefer to be indie or signed to a major label?

James: I love it. I would rather be independent because you can be you. These labels treat you just like another number and they will change you with only their bank account in mind. I rather grind harder, establish myself and get my own money. Labels are like middle men. Who need a middle man when u can go str8 to the plug? If I were to sign to major label, they would have to treat me as a business partner not an employee.

N.A.B: How would you describe your style of music? How do you feel you differ from other artist?

James: Different because of my concepts. I try to make music that everybody can listen to and feel. Rappers now days to me all talk about the same thing. I try to drop game that people can take and apply to themselves to become better. Share my pain, struggles, and emotions so people could get to me through my music. This is me nothing less nothing more. I call it thorough music for thorough people.

N.A.B: If you could tour anywhere in the world, where would you choose to do a tour?

James: I couldn't tell ya. The world is a big place. If I could, I would tour the whole world.

N.A.B: Is there anyone that you would like to give a shout out too? Also tell the people where they can connect with you and your music?

James: Shouts out to Thorough Ent, The Whole Savannah Ga (C-Port), AD the General, everybody at N.A.B. Also to everybody who support me and hate me. Check me out on facebook.com/spademiddleton and twitter.com/spade923. Check out reverbnation.com search for J-Midd and remember PLAY 2 WIN!!! THAT’S THE MOTTO

WRITTEN BY : G STEAM 843

COURTESY OF THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2011

1 comment: