Thursday, June 14, 2012

GETTING FAMILIAR WITH ANAYA via E.H.M.P.


ANAYA


E.H.M.P.: What’s up with you? How’s life been treating you?

ANAYA: I'm doing great. Very Busy..

E.H.M.P.:You have so many titles (singer, actress, song writer, model, etc) When did you realize you wanted to be an entertainer?

ANAYA: It actually hit me when I prayed and asked God God what is it that i am to do for you lord with my life and he answered me in a dream and when I awoken from a dream. I knew what it was I was to do and  That I wanted to be a entertainer and go hard and do my thing.

E.H.M.P.: How did you get introduced to singing R&B music?

ANAYA: I was actually introduce to singing by my Father. Living with him I was able to mimic and imitate him and other artists that I use to hear him playing around the house.

E.H.M.P.: Who were some of your influences?

ANAYA: My Father, besides the great artists that I was use to listening to as a young girl. Everyones favorite Male artist good ole Michael Jackson RIP, Whitney Houston RIP, Temptations, Stephnie Mills, Anita Baker, as well my fellow artists.

E.H.M.P.: If you had a chance to team up and work with anyone, who would it be?

ANAYA: Producers, Timbaland, Dr. Dre, R Kelly, Rodney Jerkins- Artists: Neyo, Monica /BrandyTrey Songs, Music SoulChild, Uncle Charlie, Mary MarySnoop Dogg, Missy Elliot!!!!

E.H.M.P.: People may not know this about you, but you performed as a lead singer in the Broadway play ‘Jazz Club Singer’ with DPOH. How was that experience?


ANAYA: It's was great! It was the same as how I performed on stage by myself but I was just with a lot of other people doing the same thing. I was doing without the singing.


E.H.M.P.: The songs “My Baby” and “Superstar” have a fun, upbeat, and sassy feel. How would best describe your style and music?

ANAYA: The same way you say because it was fun and I was feeling sassy when I was singing them. That's what I want my music to do for my listeners. Make them feel happy, sassy while having fun.


E.H.M.P.: What sets you apart from other female artist out there?

ANAYA: Well I believe in myself and my music for one. Two, there are a lot of other people that believe the same about me. There is also. The fact that I've watched and listened to other artists tales and trails. My realness in my voice and my sincerity in my music.But wouldn't that be the answer any new artist would have to say about themselves.. So I guess I would let my real life be the deciding factor for me as a artist.

E.H.M.P.: What do you want people to know about you?

ANAYA: Well what would people like to know, certain things they just won't believe but I guess that if I wasn't gonna give this singing gig a chance. That I was going to be a nurse.. And currently still pursuing that as well. Because in this business.. you need a plan Z lol....

E.H.M.P.: What’s next for Anaya Whoelse Armstead?

ANAYA: Well I'm hoping to get picked up for a lot of Print Work as well as movies extras or even a leading. And def my own reality tv show!!!

E.H.M.P.: Any last words or shout outs?

ANAYA: Yes.... I wanna say Thankyou to Marcel Jones for sacrifcing his time energy and invested  belief in me when I was discouraged and didn't want to do it .. He told me I could.. And I believed him..WatchBlackEnt CeO.. My Manager, Friend, my Support System...my mouth when I don't want to speak.. Can do it all..except sing..;)lol DW To my main 8 Amber, Apacia , Tashae , Amaia , Arion, Elijah , Elisha, Tatiyana. This Album dedicated to all the above also my Father and Mother Ronnie and Diane, My Grandma Martha Jones and Pops, my Nephew Al. You all my not here with me in the flesh but you all live In my music.

WRITTEN BY: Jenny Sublet (courtesy of Elegant Hoodness Musical Program) 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment