Friday, May 13, 2011

THRILLA CARTEL ~ E.H.M.P. SITS DOWN WITH THRILLA, LET'S GET TO KNOW HIM


THRILLA CARTEL

Originally from South Jamaica neighborhood of Queens New York, Thrilla was raised by his mother and later his older sister. As a young man Thrilla had to go through more than enough as a child. With his stepfather in the picture, who was known for selling narcotics and a mother spending a lot of her time out on the town, it was expected to take its toll on him. Typically Thrilla would come home to arguments over drugs and police constantly coming to the house trying to prove their case of drug trafficking. Although Thrilla was involved in sports such as basketball in school, he still became affiliated with multiple gangs and began selling drugs, robbing fellow classmates for money and engaging in street fights for credibility. Trying to get away from some of the negativity between his mother and him, and the incarceration of his step father who was charged and convicted for the distribution of narcotics (serving a sentence of almost 10 years) from Feb 2001 to July 2010; Thrilla was recruited to play basketball for Montgomery College Up State NY. A fighting incident, lead to a bad reputation with the school and after about a year Thrilla decide to leave college. With all this going on, it was just a given for artist Thrilla to pursue his passion for music, which got him through a lot of the obstacles and negativity going on in his life. At times writing was like a bedtime story for him. Very strong willed not to be like his stepfather he chose to focus his talents on pursuing a career in music and is now an up and coming underground artist from New York.


E.H.M.P.: Thrilla Cartel is_____________________?

TC: Thrilla Cartel is an underground artist from a south Jamaica neighborhood of Queens in New York .

E.H.M.P.: What makes you different from the other indie artists out there?

TC: What makes me most different from every other artist I would have to say is my voice. I have an original sound , I don't sound like everyone else.

E.H.M.P.: How did you hear about The Eleganthoodness Musical Program?

TC: I was actually informed by my manager Joe he found out about it in the Barber Shop by a dude name EQ who told him about it.

E.H.M.P.: What were your emotions like after you found out that you had won the showcase on March 16th at Club Pyramid?

TC: Well I was surprised but more relieved after I won. You know anxious to get one under my belt you know. Let's just say I did my homework on these events politics as usual. But in this case I just wanted it more then the other guy even though he was a crowd favorite.

E.H.M.P.: What made you get into hip-hop?

TC: Well I fell in love with music at the age of 11 and had always loved drawing art since the age of 4..so I've always been an artist. but what made start actually writing was when Eminem came out with the Slim Shady LP, which motivated me to start writing instead of drawing my pictures.

E.H.M.P.: What's next for Thrilla Cartel?

TC: Well, what's next for Thrilla…damn!...A whole lot of showcases, radio interviews and studio time as I'm working on my third mixtape, which is untitled at the moment. Just grinding you know…"CAN'T STOP THE HUSTLE".

E.H.M.P.: Describe your sound. What are you trying to convey to the listeners of your music?

TC: My sound is what a person with some believers but millions of doubters, very little support but millions of haters would sound like if that person could write music and bleed their actions on paper. Lots of people say what moves them is hunger but I'm more than hungry I'm starving. I'm trying to convey motivation to create determined listeners to go out in the world and strive to their goal with dedication. You know, I mean it might sound crazy but everyday we live brings us a day close to not living. I'm just trying to make it before I'm taken.

E.H.M.P.: How do your fans contact you?

TC: My fans mostly contact me through the internet. Facebook.com/thrillacartel, Twitter.com/thrillacartel, Reverbnation.com, Myspace.com/thrillacartel and or Datpiff.com where you can download my current mixtape The Reconcruction.

WRITTEN BY: JAY, ADTHEGENERAL, SPECIALGIFTNAB

No comments:

Post a Comment