Thursday, April 26, 2012

CHECK HER OUT!! FLAWLESS DA RAP CHICK

Whoever said “Hip-Hop is dead” was “dead” wrong!  Hip-Hop is vivaciously alive and it lives inside of Nafeesha Pasha also known as Flawless; one of the hottest female independent artist on the east coast straight out of Brooklyn, New York. Not only is she a dynamic rap artist but her freestyle technique is “ridiculous”. Flawless “da’ rap chick” is a lyricist, an actress, a writer, a model, and a singer. Needless to say, she can be compared to Lauryn Hill but in a more modern sexier way. Out of many acknowledgement s for her talent, she was the number three artists of the year in 2008 at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program Awards. Flawless is working on several different projects but you can check her out on dagrahndmusic.com where she is hosting her own show.

 
 FLAWLESS

E.H.M.P: How long have you been in the “rap game” and who/what inspired you to be a rap artist?

FLAWLESS: I started out writing poetry but as far as rapping; I’ve been doing that a little over 10 years. I was raised around the entertainment business so I’m destined. My step-father was a bass guitarist but the rapping; I got that from my older brother.

E.H.M.P: What are the challenges you face as a female independent artist?

FLAWLESS: The challenge is actually being an independent. See, most of the females in this industry came out with a squad of men behind them helping support and promote them. For instance, Remi came out with Terror Squad and LilKim came out with Bad boys and Junior Mafia. I’m out here alone grinding it out without the same support. It’s me.

E.H.M.P: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

FLAWLESS: I see myself not being complacent and just rapping. I plan on going out and exposing my other talents. I plan to do more radio show hosting and talk shows.

E.H.M.P: What advice would you give other striving female independent artists?

FLAWLESS: Don’t give up and stay true to who you are. Don’t let anyone tell you how to dress and what to do. Be yourself no matter what.

E.H.M.P: What projects are you working on right now?

FLAWLESS: Right now, I’m really pushing my radio show on dagrahyndmusic.com. I go LIVE every Tuesday from 8pm-9pm est. and Thursday 7pm-8pm est.

E.H.M.P: What’s up with the “In my Cup” single? It’s been said an artist out of Jamaica stole your song. Is that true?

FLAWLESS: It’s true. I went to a club in Jamaica in 2009 and had the DJ play my song “In My Cup”. A year later I went to the same club and heard a reggae version of my song. Of course, it was denied but I know my music “like a mother knows her child”. He did a good job of attempting to change it around to make it sound original but I know. Furthermore, I had people coming to me asking about the reggae version of my song. So, I wasn’t the only one who peeped it. I could sue, but it is what it is. I’m just going to continue focusing on my career. Plus, it would be too expensive and too time consuming trying to sue someone overseas.

Written by: Michelle Whited

Courtesy of Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012'

No comments:

Post a Comment