Thursday, April 26, 2012

MELL STAX TAKE A MOMENT AND GET FAMILIAR


MELL STAXX
 

A.D. THE GENERAL:  Let’s start off with the break down of your name Mel Staxx?

MEL STAXX:  There’s no individual breakdown. Just my name MEL mixed with my brand/business STAK ONEZ ENT LLC…


A.D. THE GENERAL:  What was the 1st record you produced for a major artist? And how did you feel about the actual final product?

MEL STAXX: My first record I produced for a major artists was “Increase the Gritty” by LLOYD BANKS. It was the first song on his “Cold Corner” mix tape. It dropped on a new years day morning. I remember being hung-over and my phone ringing off the hook. All my people were telling me they heard LLOYD BANKS on my beat. I felt good about the final product. He did his thing on that track and it helped open doors early in my career. 

A.D. THE GENERAL:  What inspired you to become a producer?

MEL STAXX: I’ve been inspired by music production all my life. I used to get albums and read the book inside just to see who the producers were. Back then producers like Timbo, The Neptunes, Swizz beats, Manny fresh, Dame Grease, Kanye West, Buckwild and many more played a big part of my inspiration to become a producer.

 
A.D. THE GENERAL: Who have you worked with thus far? And who haven’t you worked with that you would just love to work with? 

MEL STAXX: I was blessed to be in a position to have people like SOULJA BOY,LLOYD BANKS,JIM JONES,DAME GREASE,D-BLOCK,PAPOOSE,HELL RELL,UNCLE MURDA,J.R WRITER,40 CAL, VITA, and a  host of others rap on my tracks. But I’m really feeling what the younger generation is doing right now. MEEK MILL,BIG SEAN,DRAKE,WIZ KHALIFA,J-COLE, FRENCH MONTANA, are people I’m listening to right now that I would love to work with but of course there’s to many to name.
 

A.D. THE GENERAL: When you produce a record are you thinking of a particular artist that would sound good on the track? Or are you just trying to put together a good production period?

MEL STAXX: Im putting together good production period. I feel like the major artist will want your sound rather than a mimic of which ever producer is hot for the time being. What I can say is if you produce that one record which sticks out from all the other’s and you can hear more than 2 to 4 different major artists on it, that might be your hit record.

   

A.D. THE GENERAL: Do you have any advice to the future “MEL STAXX” of the world?

MEL STAXX: My first advice is be original, believe in yourself don’t try to sound like the next producer because it might not work for you. Always stay on your grind, the time and effort you put into your music career will reflect on your success


A.D. THE GENERAL: Where can people listen and possibly get the opportunity to work with you?


MEL STAXX: THEY CAN GO VISIT MY FOLLOWING WEBSITES.

WWW.TWITTER.COM/MELSTAXX
FOLLOW ME @MELSTAXX

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/MELSTAXX

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/MELSTAXX

WRITTEN BY: A.D. THE GENERAL
COURTESY OF THE ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2012'

No comments:

Post a Comment