Thursday, April 26, 2012

PEEZY P


PEEZY P

Colbie Polite aka 'Peezzy P' is an Orangeburg, SC native born in the early 90s. Growing up, his family consisted of his mother and 2 brothers. Peezzy P lists his hip-hop influences as Tupac, Hot Boys, NO LIMIT, Pastor Troy, and Lil Boosie. Peezzy P's message in his music is 'get money the right way and avoid the system'. Having seen his older brother in a rap group and not being able to perform or be a part of it, sparked him to write and record on his tape deck and eventually to produce his own music as well. Seeing that he had a natural talent for this he knew that he could go further with his skills. April 14 2012 he won 2nd place at the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program hosted by A.D. The General in Columbia South Carolina, He is also nominated for “Emerging Producer” at The E.H.M.P awards to be held Jan 16 2013 in NYC. If you’re looking to connect with some raw talent visit www.soundcloud.com/Jdubontop and follow him @pee_z_beatz. 



E.H.M.P.: What are some of your favorite songs that inspired you to be an artist? 

PEEZY P: My favorite songs of all time would have to be "Bonita Applebum" and "I use to love her". I love and still love the Common Sense Era and Tribe Called Quest.   

E.H.M.P.: Where was your first performance? How did it go?

PEEZY P: Man all I could remember was "My shawty in the back and my Ni**a's on the side" haha then I knew from that moment I lost my 10th grade talent show. I felt like I did good and would of one if I didn't free-style hahaha. I had the crowd bumping to my song though.

E.H.M.P.: How has been a native and being raised in Orangeburg, SC influenced your music?

PEEZY P: That's all there was to do down there really was go to school, cook-out, and make music. My mom was born and raise there though so she made sure if I was serious bout it then she would pull some strings to get me heard. So big ups to Mama Jenkins!

E.H.M.P.: Who have you worked with and who do you want to work with in the future musically?

PEEZY P: I have gotten to work with many artists and other producers but my all time was 9th wonder. Man that man is a beast and he's a d.j on the low haha. When him and Talib Kweli came to SC and Performed at the White Mule downtown Columbia, man it was spectacular. My brother D.J Lazy had a set with him and he put me on so I wouldn't of gotten the chance if it wasn't for him. On the other hand though I would love to work with Pharrell and Timberland. My two favorite producers.

E.H.M.P.: What's one song that you've done that you can say is your BEST work?

PEEZY P: My best beat and song would have to be "Newport" by: Monsta That's one of my upcoming artist that will be hitting the scene pretty soon. follow him on twitter @MonstaGOiNL0c0

E.H.M.P.: What do you like most about early 90s hip-hop/rap?

PEEZY P: The BEATS! I loved them man they all were before they're times.

E.H.M.P.: How involved is your mother in your music career?

PEEZY P: She's so so kinda. She knows this is really important to me so like a mother she's always looking at my best interest, making sure no one takes advantage of me. her and my manger Snow has a good relationship and she tells her all the time to protect my music haha. 


Written by: Ife Ekpenuma

COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2012'

No comments:

Post a Comment