Thursday, April 26, 2012

DJ FRANK WHYTE C.E.O. OF UNSIGNED HEAT DVD

DJ FRANK  WHYTE
 

Today I highlight one of New York City’s premiere underground DJ’s. His name is DJ FRANK WHYTE not to be confused with DJ FRANK WHITE. He is a diligent supporter of unsigned artists and has been putting out ‘The Unsigned Heat DVD” for the last 4/5 years. We discuss his passion for raw lyrics, his love for turntables and the value of what his DVD series provide for the unsigned and independent artists in NY.  


N.A.B.:  Are you the original DJ FRANK WHYTE?

DJ FRANK WHYTE:  You know that is funny people ask me that all the time, I tell them no. But I build my name up around my way and locally in NY and I want in the industry.

N.A.B.: How long have you been a DJ?

DJ FRANK WHYTE:  I’ve been a DJ for about twenty years. I started at the age of fifteen. They used to call me DJ TABOO.

N.A.B.:  How long have u been directing and producing “Unsigned Heat Dvd Magazine”? And how important is it for you to highlight underground and independent artists?

DJ FRANK WHYTE: I’ve been directing and producing “Unsigned Heat DVD” for about four to five years. It’s very important for me to highlight the underground and independent artists. They are giving people that raw sound of Hip Hop and it’s something you need.

N.A.B.: Do you prefer turntables or Serato?

DJ FRANK WHYTE: I love turntables and Serato. I prefer Serato it makes things easy for me to do parties. But turntables will always be my first love and Serato will be my second.

N.A.B.:  What is your opinion on the current stat of Hip Hop?

DJ FRANK WHYTE: Well I feel like Hip Hop is water down now because Hip Hop is not Hip Hop as far as music and image wise.

N.A.B.:  Any shout outs and thank you?

DJ FRANK WHYTE: MY FAMILY, MARY, CRYSTAL, JUNIOR, KEVIN, PEANUT, MELISSA, SOPIE, SAMANTHA DANMAN, REGINA RIVERS, NIASHA, YASMIN GRAND, ANETTE SIMPSON CHARLIE KEENE, MR ZACKERY WALLS AKA DJ TECHNIC, HOOD STARZ
KILLER CAL AKA CALVIN COOLEY, A.D. THE GENERAL, DJ JUNE BUG, KOLIE CRUTCHER, GET MONEY MAGAZINE, JOSEPH HALL RECORDS, IKONS MAGAZINE, BLACK STAR MUSIC VIDEO, NEW GAME ENT, SUPASTAR INC, CHEMYCAL MUSIC GROUP INC, UNSYNED HEATT DVD, KOP&GO RECORDS MONEYWELL / MIXGRIND.COM /SCREAM ENT / 800 MOB/ MAPES /180 STREET/ CEO CHELA OF KNOCKTURNALINC.COM / REST IN PEACE MY MOTHER PATRICA BATTLE.

WRITTEN BY: A.D. THE GENERAL

COURTESY OF ELEGANT HOODNESS MUSICAL PROGRAM 2012'

No comments:

Post a Comment