Monday, July 30, 2012

BIG ASSAS EXPLAINS HIP HOP CULTURE



ASSAS

E.H.M.P.:  Tell me how you choose your stage name and the meaning behind it?

ASSAS: My name is Assas I got it when I was younger getting into battles my friends used to say man your Killing it like an assassin so there u go Assas is short for assassin.

E.H.M.P.: You recently performed on the Elegant Hoodness 6th annual summer park tour. How was your experience?

ASSAS: Yea I did do the park tour and it was a great time for me I got a chance to link up wit some really good artist I'm actually recording new records with them as we speak.

E.H.M.P.: You have a great stage presence and strong lyrical context in your music. How important is it to connect with an audience? How important is it for you for people to relate to your lyrics?

ASSAS: Relating to the crowd is everything for me. most of your fans feel like they connect wit you threw the songs so I'm make sure to touch on subjects we deal with every day and the energy I bring to the stage is just me showing them I'm as excited to be here as they are.

E.H.M.P.: Do you consider yourself and MC or rapper and why?

ASSAS: I'm a mc. I got mic control n I move crowds plus I’m about making sure my bars are air tight. Rappers care about sales mc's care about respect.

E.H.M.P.: Who or what inspires you?

ASSAS: I’m a an old school head so I was inspired by the old rappers like Red Man Meth Nas Onyx  people like that so now I find inspiration in my circle of artist they keep me hungry ( no pun intended) I am a fat nicca!!!

E.H.M.P.: Describe your self with one word?

ASSAS:  Besides great lol I would say energetic.

E.H.M.P.: Any last words?

ASSAS: Hip Hop is a way of life and not a music category; rap is the music that came from that way of life real talk!!

Written by, A.D. The General
Courtesy of the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment