Sunday, July 29, 2012

DAY LIGHT STAY RITE, SUN GOTTA BUN





DAY LIGHT STAY RITE, SUN GOTTA BUN


E.H.M.P.: Explain the meaning of your name?

DAY LIGHT: Well my full stage name is "Daylite Stayrite", I feel I shine in whatever I do, my music can go in any direction as the sun shines in all directions 360 degrees, in addition to the music being hot as well as enlightening, "Daylite". I had a line in one of my earlier songs where I said "Daylite stay right, sun gotta burn" the artists I was affiliated with at the time just started calling me "Daylite Stayrite".


E.H.M.P.: You are currently on the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 6th annual tour, how has the experience been?

DAY LIGHT: It’s been a great experience, both entertaining and educational. performing with the same artist at different spots back to back was official, especially being that artist I'm affiliated with were also involved in the tour so the family just got bigger.

E.H.M.P.: How long have you been rapping and what inspires you?

DAY LIGHT: I wrote my 1st rhyme in '93, didn't really start taking it serious until '99. As far as my inspiration, it’s the culture. I live Hip Hop and rap being one of the elements of that culture is the best form of expression in my opinion. I love rapping; I started rapping for fun with my friends and its still fun to this day.

E.H.M.P.: Who are some of your favorite MCs?

DAY LIGHT: I respect a lot of artist so I'll name 10... Nas, Tupac(RIP), BIG(RIP), Slick Rick, Rakim, Kool G Rap, WuTang Clan, Eminem, 3Stacks, Daylite Stayrite.

E.H.M.P.: Do you like the direction Hip Hop has taken?             

DAY LIGHT: From a business stand point, yes because it’s an independent market and I'm the business. From a creative stand point I don't feel enough artists are challenging themselves creatively. A lot of music is cool for now but I doubt it will be of any relevance in the near future due to the lack of originality.

E.H.M.P.:  Where can we hear and or download your music?

DAY LIGHT: People can listen and download my music from the following site...
www.reverbnation.com/daylitemusic
www.myspace.com/daylitemusic
www.tweetmysong.com/daylitemusic
www.soundcloud.com/daylitestayrite
www.youtube.com/daylitemusictv

E.H.M.P.: Any last words?
              
DAY LIGHT:
Well I just recently became affiliated with T.H.C. Productions as an artist and producer so a full length LP is sure to follow my debut EP "Daylite Stayrite" which I plan to release in late August 2012... Shine with me or get left in the dark!


WRITTEN BY A.D. THE GENERAL
COURTESY OF the Elegant Hoodness Musical Program 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment